Canned Meals on a Budget - Chicken Tikka Masala Featuring Heinz Creamy Tomato Soup
Try out this budget-friendly Chicken Tikka Masala recipe to enjoy a culinary adventure without breaking the bank. Serve with fluffy basmati rice and warm naan bread for an irresistible meal that's easy on the wallet.
- 1 can Heinz® Creamy Tomato Soup 535g
- 200g white basmati rice
- 2 naan bread
- 2 tbsp grapeseed/sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp tikka masala curry paste
- 3 onions, diced
- 2 red capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 300g diced chicken breast
- 1 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g diced mango
- 50g low fat natural yoghurt
- 5g chopped coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the naan bread packaging, or to 180°C.
- Cook the rice according to the packaging, then leave to rest with the lid kept on the pan.
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish on the hob, then fry the diced chicken on high heat until brown on the outside.
- Add the onions and cook until soft and golden.
- Add the curry paste and peppers, then cook for another 5 minutes.
- Tip in the can of tomatoes and Heinz Creamy Tomato Soup.
- Gently simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
- In the meantime, bake the Naan bread in the oven for the suggested amount of time, or 10 minutes.
- Stir through the diced mango and allow to warm through.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander over the curry and serve with yoghurt, basmati rice and naan bread.