Chocolate Mayo Cake Featuring HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Original Mayonnaise
Use only HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Original Mayonnaise for this recipe to ensure success. Surprise your friends with this delicious cake!
Makes 1 cake
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix the cocoa, hot water and vanilla essence together in a jug. Cool.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and sugar in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Combine the HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Mayonnaise with the cocoa mixture and then pour in the well. Mix together gently.
- Pour into a well greased and lined 20cm round cake tin.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until the cake is cooked when tested. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cake rack.
- When cold, ice with your favourite chocolate icing, or simply dust with icing sugar to serve.
- Melt 125g dark chocolate with 1/4 cup cream together in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir to combine, cool a little and then pour over the cake and smooth out.