Mid Week Paella Featuring Heinz Big Red Condensed Tomato Soup
Take your tastebuds on an adventure with this Paella recipe. Paella is a traditional Spanish dish made from rice, saffron, meat/chicken, beans and olive oil. This recipe is a quick simple version that can be cooked in a large fry pan and tweaked to add your favourite meats, seafood and vegetables. Perfect for a winter weeknight meal.
- 1L Chicken Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Saffron Threads
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Chorizo Sausage, Cut into 2cm Slices
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 1 Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Red Capsicum, Thinly Sliced
- 420g Can Heinz Condensed Big Red Tomato Soup
- 1 Small Barbecued Chicken, cut into serving size portions
- 200 GM (1 CUP) SPANISH RICE OR MEDIUM/SHORT GRAIN RICE
- 1 Teaspoon SPANISH SMOKED SWEET PAPRIKA
- 2 Teaspoon ROSEMARY LEAVES, COARSELY CHOPPED
- 8 WHOLE GREEN PRAWNS
- ½ CUP FROZEN HEINZ GREEN PEAS
- Combine chicken stock and saffron in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes over medium-high heat or until saffron has lightly coloured the stock.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add chorizo and cook for 3 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, then remove from pan. Add onion, garlic and capsicum and cook, stirring over medium heat for 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Add HEINZ Big Red Tomato Soup and return chorizo to pan. Add chicken pieces and pour over stock. Bring to the boil.
- Add rice, paprika and rosemary then season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook over medium heat, without stirring for 5 minutes, and then add the whole prawns by nestling them into the rice and sprinkle with frozen peas. Cook for a further 15 minutes or until rice is tender and all the stock is absorbed. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.