Middle Eastern Chicken Skewers with Heinz Bean Puree
Transport your taste buds to the vibrant flavors of the Middle East with these succulent Middle Eastern Chicken Skewers. Infused with aromatic Barahat spice, readily available in the spice section of your local supermarket or specialty stores, these skewers are a delicious taste adventure. The accompanying bean puree adds an extra layer of taste and texture, elevating this dish to a sensational dinner delight.
- 300G HEINZ BAKED BEANS IN TOMATO SAUCE
- 2 CLOVES GARLIC, ROASTED
- SQUEEZE LEMON JUICE
- 2 TBSP CHOPPED FLAT LEAF PARSLEY
- PEPPER & SALT
- 4 CHICKEN THIGHS, EACH THIGH CUT INTO 4 LARGE CUBES
- JUICE OF 1 LEMON
- 1 TBSP FRESHLY CHOPPED OREGANO
- 1 TBSP MIDDLE EASTERN BAHARAT (SPICE MIX)
- 4 X MIDDLE EASTERN FLATBREAD
- 8 COS LETTUCE LEAVES
- 2 TOMATOES, CUT INTO WEDGES
- 4 LEMON WEDGES
- Place HEINZ Baked Beans, garlic, lemon juice, parsley and seasoning together in a food processor and blend until a smooth puree.
- Combine marinade ingredients and add the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes. Thread chicken pieces onto 8 skewers and BBQ on a hot grill plate for 3 - 4 minutes each side.
- To assemble; place a warmed flatbread on each plate. Top with a smearing of bean puree, lettuce leaves and tomato. Place two chicken skewers on top and finish with a generous dollop of bean puree and a wedge of lemon.