Popcorn Chicken Featuring HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Garlic Aioli
- 400g skinless chicken breast fillets
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Vegetable oil for frying
- HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Garlic Aioli
- Cut the chicken into 3 cm square pieces. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the flour onto a plate. On a separate plate, mix the panko crumbs and the lemon pepper seasoning.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the flour then into the beaten egg and then coat in the seasoned panko crumbs. Place on the prepared tray while heating the oil.
- Pour oil into a deep pan to a depth of 1 cm. Heat the oil over medium heat. Drop a few of the panko crumbs into the oil and if they sizzle and rise to the surface the oil is ready. Add the chicken in batches. Cook for approximately 6–7 minutes, turning regularly, or until the chicken is cooked and golden. Keep warm in a 120°C oven while cooking the remaining chicken.
- Serve with HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Garlic Aioli