Roasted Vegetable & Beef Lasagne with Heinz Condensed Big Red Tomato Soup
The roasted vegetables add a delicious, fresh flavour to this lasagne. It’s simple to prepare, but if you find yourself short on time, you can always substitute a selection of your favourite roasted vegetables from the supermarket deli.
- 800G BUTTERNUT PUMPKIN, PEELED & CUT INTO ½ CM WEDGES
- 1 SMALL EGGPLANT, SLICED INTO 1CM PIECES
- 2 MEDIUM ZUCCHINIS, SLICED LENGTHWISE
- 2 RED CAPSICUM, HALVED, ROASTED, PEELED & SEEDED
- 125ML EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 500G PKT FRESH LASAGNE SHEETS
- ½ BUNCH FRESH BASIL LEAVES
- 150G FETA CHEESE
- 400G MOZZARELLA CHEESE, SLICED
- 1 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- 1 ONION, CHOPPED
- 2 CLOVES GARLIC, FINELY CHOPPED
- 500G LEAN BEEF MINCE
- 1 TBSP ITALIAN MIXED HERBS
- 2 X 420G CAN HEINZ CONDENSED BIG RED TOMATO SOUP
- FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER AND SALT, TO TASTE
- Place prepared vegetables onto a paper lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt flakes. Roast in a preheated oven of 200°C for 25 minutes until vegetables are soft and lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare meat sauce. Heat oil in a large pan and cook the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add mince and cook for 5 minutes or until well browned then add the Italian herbs. Add the HEINZ Big Red Tomato Soup and stir well to combine. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Season with freshly ground pepper and salt to taste. Set aside.
- To assemble lasagne, smear a small amount of meat sauce over the base of a 30cm x 20cm rectangular ovenproof dish and top with 1 large sheet (or 3 smaller sheets) of lasagne pasta to cover the base. Arrange pumpkin slices over pasta and sprinkle with crumbled feta and fresh basil leaves.
- Top with another layer of pasta and spoon over half the meat sauce, and a layer of zucchini. Arrange slices of mozzarella and then cover with whole pieces of roasted red capsicum. Top with a final layer of pasta sheets, the eggplant and finally the remaining meat sauce. Finish with remaining slices of mozzarella.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 190ºC for 30 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with fresh garden salad and garlic bread.