Slow cooked Tuscan Chicken featuring Heinz Big Red Condensed Tomato Soup
Indulge in tender chicken that effortlessly falls off the bone, accompanied by sweet and delicate capsicums bursting with flavor. In addition to a creamy mash, it’s a must to serve with a few slices of fresh crusty bread to mop up the delicious juices.
- 1 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- 1 ONION, CHOPPED
- 2 CLOVES GARLIC, FINELY CHOPPED
- 1 SMALL RED CHILLI, FINELY CHOPPED
- 8 CHICKEN THIGHS WITH THE BONE
- 2 RED CAPSICUMS, CUT INTO 1½ CM STRIPS
- 1 YELLOW CAPSICUM, CUT INTO 1½ CM STRIPS
- 420G CAN HEINZ CONDENSED BIG RED TOMATO SOUP
- 200ML WATER
- 1 MEDIUM ZUCCHINI, HALVED LENGTHWISE THEN SLICED
- ½ CUP FRESH BASIL LEAVES
- Heat oil in a large heavy based pot and cook the onion, garlic and chilli for 2 minutes. Remove from pan. Add the chicken thighs and cook for 8 minutes turning often until well browned on each side. Return onion to pan and season well with freshly ground pepper and salt then add the HEINZ Big Red Tomato soup, capsicums and water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover pot with a lid and cook for 30 minutes. Add zucchini and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes until the chicken is tender and falling away from the bone.
- Finish with fresh basil leaves and serve with mashed or steamed potatoes and salad.